omichaelshar

I need to make a decision about what camshaft to fit to my reco'd 4.0L engine. I would be interested to hear opinions on what is a good choice for this project.

Some of the details are still being worked out, but heads will have porting work and std values; induction will be using "breadloaf" style plenum, probably Megasquirt II MAP, EDIS ignition. Exhaust specs not yet determined.

Feel free to launch in with opinions and comments...

Owen
Sydney, Australia

I am not an expert on the RV8 but I would pressume a mid lift, torque biased cam, as the RV8 seems not  to respond to well to a wild cam   :-/
There must have been a good reason why they put it in a Land Rover after all  ;D

One big question is use.  Is the car a daily driver,  weekend cruiser in for the odd track day.  Could be worth your while to ring up a cam manufacturer and talk to them about the engine and what you want it to do.  Going through some old Street machine mags would be helpful because they discuss cams a bit in there too.  Good luck with it, wwe need more little V8 rockets in Oz!!

i rang around all the well known cam manufacturers in oz
and the only one remotely interested in what i wanted was
Dean Tighe at Ivan Tighe cams in Brisbane(lost the number sorry) hes had experience
with Rover v8 cams in differing engine capicities and made me up
a cam  to suit my engine (fully worked 5.0 litre) i was a bit
sceptical with the specs (pretty wild) but it works brilliantly!!

Archived