GT6 Stromberg CD150 versions - advice

BrendanD

Hi,
I have an opportunity to get a pair of NOS strombergs for my GT6.
I tend to pick up things like this as having seen so many parts supplies dry up over the 25 years I've owned Triumphs....
Problem, my car is an 'end of run' Mid 73 Mk3 UK car, with the crankcase vents on the carbs and a single choke connected to the other carb by a hose.
I can get either a 3426 'US emissions' pair 71-72, OR a 3507 pair 72-74, which I'm told have separate chokes, but are listed for non-US cars.
Does anyone know which of these would be best suited to my car and easiest to adapt to my choke setup (and how)?
I believe my carbs are 3432 looking at the manual.
Tx
Brendan

The siamese choke cable was OE on US cars.
I got a replacement/nice rebuild siamese cable from spitbits.com
Then I got a pair of home market-spec carbs that only used one cable from Andrew Turner.
The siamese cable isn't really a problem, but just one more thing to disconnect when it's necessary to remove the carbs.
On the other hand, there being only one starter box (the thing the choke cable is attached to) on the new, single-cable set, there is likely to be less chance of going irredeemably out of tune as the starter box surfaces wear.  The starter box wear faces have no way to be brought back to spec.

I don't know where my Stromberg book is, and can't tell you if the late US Stromberg CDSE's used the same needles as the late home market ones.  I doubt it, unless Triumph was just simplifying past caring about performance completely, because the US carbs had to run so, so lean to meet emissions targets.
I would be more tempted by non-US carbs. See what the needles were, & if they're richer than the US needles.  If so, you could get the Siamese cable from a US supplier like Spitbits, or possibly Matthews Foreign Car Parts on eBay might have one around.