Guppy916

Hi I am looking for any advice on the SU carbs I have a pair of AUD 9  (which I hope to fit onto my Vitesse Mk1)   Little tab number FZX 1263F                                                              I believe I need to fit Dolomite Sprint dash pots to clear the bonnet, Can any body through some light on this matter please, my dash pots are 100mm high 

if you are using the std vitesse manifold I am pretty certain the std dashpots will fit OK. I think the issue is when you use the long-branch inlet manifold, but that won't fit a mk1 engine anyway.

I think some measurements are needed, use the existing carbs, use card or whatever to measure existing clearance and do the maths.

and the sprint carbs are 1 3/4", so won't fit a 1 1/2" body. (apols, no idea what size your carbs are)

Ah, the perceived wisdom is that you will need short dashpots with that manifold.

However, I know somebody that has managed to get the std dashpots in with ethe manifold, very close and a lot of faffing about

BTW as you will be dumping the (very restrictive) airbox, you will need a needle from a dolly sprint as a good starting point (I put a 2.5 into my vitesse, the std 2.5 needles would not let the engine rev beyond 2500rpm it got so weak, but BDQ sprint needles did the trick, and were fine when it went on a rolling road)

If you get stuck, I may well have a pair of dashpots/pistons somewhere, bought when I thought about a sprint engine into my toledo.

I have the same setup in my MK1 Vitesse,a slightly tuned 2.5 on that manifold,also modified inside for better flow.Short Dashpots.

If yours is swing axle shafts you need to be careful,mine ate a driveshaft on the RBRR in Cornwall,snapped at the hub end,being overtaken by your own back wheel isn`t great.

Steve