TimW

Hi all

had my engine delivered today.  Just had to share it with you!

Work i have had done:

Rebore block to +.20
Face block
hone block to size
match piston heights
tuffride and polish crank
shot peen conrods
lighten flywheel and reface
reface cylinder head
balance crank assembly inc front pully and trigger wheel
dummy build engine and check commpression ratio (9.8:1)

A lick of paint and all looks great! 8)

royboy66 wrote:
Looking good mate!
Running for Prescott then! ;-)
i see ur Pyjamas make good Rags!  :-D

Hope to have it run in by prescott!  Would be a pisser having to drve like a granny up the hill  ;D

I'm looking forward to seeing it at Prescott as well - Mallard's my current favourite 1972 colour, but the colour sample I have looks different in different lights, so I want to see it on a car before making my mind up.

What cam are you running? TR5 would go well with that compression.

Nick_Moore wrote:
I'm looking forward to seeing it at Prescott as well - Mallard's my current favourite 1972 colour, but the colour sample I have looks different in different lights, so I want to see it on a car before making my mind up.

What cam are you running? TR5 would go well with that compression.

Hi Nick

Mine looks different in different lights.  I love it!!  It's my favorite triumph colour.

i am running a TR5 cam with 1 3/4 su's but am soon to go EFI.  Maybe after Lemans

GT6boy wrote:
That's a nice spec- should go very well indeed. 8) Another reason to look forward to Prescott! :)

Thanks  :) I'm hoping it will climb the revs a little quicker now and stop vibrating it's self to bits over 5000rpm!! :o   I haven't been able to afford to do anything to the head yet so i don't think i'll get much of a power increase.  This is going to wait until next year.  

Hope to see you at prescott :)

Archived