Chroming Vitesse bumpers?

BAC

I've read alot on various forums and other sites about the Vitesse bumpers and what people can do with them. I know you can't get new ones and I'm sure I read somewhere that someone was thinking of putting some into production again but I think they said they were struggling to find a way of bending them to shape.
So what can I do about my scratched ones? I have used various polishes and they are as good as they're going to get but they still aren't great and let the car down. A week ago I went to LPC Plating in Letchworth http://www.lpcplating.co.uk/  to see if they could help, they can't re anodise the old ones like originally done but he did say they could chrome the bumpers for about £300. But I can't make my mind up to go ahead or not.

Has anyone else had their Vitesse bumpers chromed? Do they look good or too blingy and just wrong? Part of my thinks they should be satin finished as original but many things on my car aren't original (leather sets, wire wheels, two tone paint on Mk2, stainless exhaust, K&N's etc etc) So I'm thinking does it really matter if I get them chromed. Would it have been Triumphs intention on having chrome bumpers originally but they went with anodised aluminium to keep down costs, so in effect would I be doing what Triumph should have done?
What are the opinons of others?
Cheers!

They are talking crap, My vitesse bumpers I bought for £25 and were scratched, scored, dented and some bits even had cement on them. I took them to a local platers and he made them look better than new without chroming and it cost £65. This was last year, and they look beautiful.