Restoring White Bumpers

PeteW

....My late '64 convertible hasn't got them on at the moment - I've had some in the house for years..(can't remember if they came with the car!) I got some nice 'ends' from that celebrated internet auction site but have no pieces that attach to the valances.....

I think they should always be retained & that people shouldn't junk 'em & fit Vitesse ones instead, as to me they virtually define a Herald as I presume they are unique?? I certainly can't think of any other vehice fitted with them....  

Quoted from Scimher
I think they should always be retained & that people shouldn't junk 'em & fit Vitesse ones instead, as to me they virtually define a Herald as I presume they are unique?? I certainly can't think of any other vehice fitted with them....  
Over the years, I've found the rubber bumpers to be extremely practical and useful. A slight bump on them, and the worst that usually happens is that whatever bumps it gets some chalky residue on it (usually my pants then I'm reaching into the boot). I love the Vitesse cappings -- on a Vitesse -- but they can be easily dented and scratched; same with the painted metal on valences that have NO cappings! 🙂

4080 wrote:
Over the years, I've found the rubber bumpers to be extremely practical and useful. A slight bump on them, and the worst that usually happens is that whatever bumps it gets some chalky residue on it (usually my pants then I'm reaching into the boot). I love the Vitesse cappings -- on a Vitesse -- but they can be easily dented and scratched; same with the painted metal on valences that have NO cappings!  :)