New Owner of T6 Body tubs !!!!

CHRIS211083

Spoke to Canleys the other week and Dave says he had a customer call saying he now owns the moulds etc for the T6's. Anyone know anymore on this???

New Blood is just what the T6 tubs needed but no info yet but the website has a new phone no. and a new contact name.

Chris.

Molds now owned by Mathew who actually helped develop the original T6 and also suggested further upgrades which Graham didn't carry out. This feels very promising and I've ask Mathew to send some photo's of the new tubs he is making.

Sounds very positive, I'm glad some one has continued the concept as it makes sence.

http://www.triumphspitfirelemans.com/

Chris.

Unfortunately, the kit price will be the same sheepy. The T6 is made with thick fiber glass and anything crude oil based product is going up in price. It's frustrating that my build went the way it did. However fingers crossed the new T6's will be better and the bad luck story I had will become a great experience for the new customers. Mathew sounds like he's keen to get the project off the ground again so i'm confident he will make them properly. He said he would send some photo's of the new tubs in the near future so I'll add them here when they arrive. He was also looking at making the T6 more of a road car with alot of thoughts on options for interior and panels to enclose the fuel tank etc........ Only time will tell but the feeling is good.

Chris.

• 1 month later...

New owner of T6 sent me some photo's of one of the first tubs he has made.

Bonnet has much better shape than mine does. Fingers crossed he does a better job than Graham.

Floor still to be added in but you get the Idea. It's alot of work and effort that goes into making these tubs and I'm really proud to own one. Just glad that Matt is enthusiastic about the whole thing.

Chris.

So with a new man at the helm with T6 body manufacture, does that mean that Graham Pearce moulded cars like yours Chris and my Dad's, become T6 mk1s and the new ones are mk2s?
I wonder if there are any plans to incorporate an opening rear tailgate like the original steel GT6 body, or even an opening glass section, perhaps side hinged like an E-type coupe rear door.

Colin.