door window seal aaarrrggghhh!!!

Rich_s

Hi,

Does anyone have any tips on how to fit the outer seal on the door window, i had to replace mine before i put it on the road almost 2 years ago and could not get it to fit right, almost 2 years on and i am still trying, without success to get the damn thing to fit, it is on and the clips in place on the last 6 inches each end, but the middle bit i cannot get the metal clips over the rubber, it is like they are either 2 mm too short or i need to remove the glass,

any ideas as its really starting to annoy me...... >:( >:( >:( >:(

thanks
rich

the best fitting clips are the green ones. some sold are to closed up to spread especially as the repro seals can be thicker than the origs..
we use a peice of sheet  metal folded at the end to hook and retain the clip
poke it thro' the glass gap
with six pairs of hands , press seal down  and start clip to engage the door flange and the seal
take a short peice of timber and press down above the seal clip, and whilst pulling up with the clip tool give the wood  a light hammer and this will knock the seal well down into the clip as the impact raised the clip up the door flange.

always tie a cotton lead to the clip then when it flies off you can retreive it from inside the door, cut the cotton off when finished

peter

Archived