Secondhand doors - any interest?

heraldcoupe

Not something I'm selling myself, but parts I identified with one of my contacts in the scrap metal trade.

Is there any likely interest in secondhand saloon doors for 2000s and 2.5s? They're not perfect, look OK from the skin side, but some corrosion I can feel in the lower parts of the frame on the one or two I could get to. I can't be more specific, the doors were racked together and difficult to extract for a proper inspection. There's also an estate tailgate, even more difficult to access, but I have a gentleman's agreement on collecting this one if it turns out to be useable once it's properly unearthed. At the moment I've no plans on the doors, but if anyone is itnerested I'll be happy to see how the land lies.

At the moment I've identified everything accessible which interests me, but there remains a big pile of parts about four feet tall, stacked into the corner of a room. Next week's visit will hopefully see a bit more uncovered, whether there's anything interesting remains to be seen.

Cheers,
Bill.

I'll see what I can sort out on Monday when I collect some other parts. While I can sit on them for a short while, they'd take up too much space to hang on for very long.

It may turn out that the price is unreasonable, but I'll get a feel for the sellers expectations,

Cheers,
Bill.

• 2 weeks later...

hi gang,

i collected my doors off bill yesterday, and i must say, what a nice chap !!!!

as bill does not usually deal with the 2000 range and just
"grabbed" these doors in hope that it would aid us 2000 lovers, plus only asked monies for what they owed him, i personally thank him very much, top banana !!!!!!!!

all the best bill

lloyd