Stuart Lee

I have a 13/60 convertible. I am trying to strip down the fuel pump and replace filters etc. However the manual says that there should be a screw and retaining clip holding in the 2 filters (inlet and outlet) but I can't find this retaining mechanism. My filters seem to hold themselves in; there are no circlips, they don't appear to screw in themselves but they are very secure. The pump is an AC and sems original. Can anyone help please?

Hi,

just been out to our garage to look at our 13/60 convertible as I think I can help.  first it is a single gauze filter that acts for both inlet and out let.  Take screw out on top of cover, take cover off, lift out gauze filter and clean it.  then clean out sediment bowl etc. Then check gasket is ok.

Hope this is off help to you, if you need anymore help let us know.  andrew knows alot more than me as I am still learning.

tina ;)

;)
Tina,
Thanks for this info but I am refering to the two valves which become visible when you take not just the top cap off but also the casing. One of the valves is "face up" and the other the reverse for the differing flows (ie one inflow and the other outflow). The casing is held on by 5 (?) screws and also the inlet and outlet pipes are connected. However it should only take a few minutes; and any info would be very helpfull. By the way my fuel pump seems to be an AC manufacture.
Regards
Stuart

Archived