Gt6 Mk2 new front valance

gt6power

I am having trouble trying to get my new front valance to sit low enough to not foul the bonnet. The car in my ownership has never had a valance fitted and i cant find any photos that show a valance fitted where the piece shown in the photo has not been cut out. (the bit that is above the chassis just in front of the mounting holes)) The panel was stickered as heritage and came from rimmers. Any ideas or photos welcomed.
  Also I am about to refit the windscreen surround and noticed when i removed it there was glue around top and bottom seals. Is this glue from the factory? Do I Need glue/sealant for reassembley and what glue do I need?

Thanks

You have to chop away that 'bar' at the top. Its only there for transport (same goes if you can find an original stanpart valance).
Then mount the bracket before you fit (bracket will help to stabilise the valance).

The bracket is mounted to the front pivot part of the frame, there should be an alu spacer under.

• 3 weeks later...