alternator upgrade

Dave w

Hi give E.J. Ward of Leics a call.  0116 2799060.  I carried out the same mod.  They supplied the alternator and gave really clear verbal instruction on how to do it.  Very easy to do, no mods required to brackets, but easy wiring mod needed.

All the best,

S.

[quote by=Stag_Dave link=Blah.pl?b=stag,m=1177533696,s=2 date=1177856493]Hi all, I've fitted the new alternator, so  if anybody wants to change to a 18acr
I can let you have the fitting instuctions.
Dave.[/quote]

I would like to get the fitting instructions

[quote by=Stag_Dave link=Blah.pl?b=stag,m=1177533696,s=2 date=1177856493]Hi all, I've fitted the new alternator, so  if anybody wants to change to a 18acr
Dave.[/quote]

Hi Dave, would like a copy as well if poss.
Thanks, Gez.  :)

Dave.[/quote]

Dave,
Can I jump on the bandwagon?
Dave

Ok here we go, required 18 acr alternator, with fan and pulley,the 11 ac fan is different,
new plug, new ajustment bracket the old one looks the same but its slightly different,
four exsiting wires to the old alternator, the thick brown wire to the centre large terminal
, the brown/yellow to the small terminal, the other 2 wires cut and tape up,
unplug wires from 4tr control box and discard box, tape up wires, remove ignition control box
connect  the brown/yellow wire to the brown/purple wire the ignition light should now come on,
if it works cut the rest of the wires and tape up, thats it.
Dave

Just replaced my 11ac alternator with a good s/hand one(money back if no good) 11ac one that was for a P5 v8 Rover,had a little bit of moving the mounting bracket around to make identical to old unit, but 35uk pounds beats shelling out 90 quid.
The 11ac was used on various cars.
Food for thought.

Archived