Tahiti6

Im contemplating buying a pheonix exhaust, deciding between a cross box or single pipe. Question is, do you need to let the insurance company know (yes old age is getting the better of me...). If it’s a cross box it looks original, although far more free flowing so probably wouldn’t need to inform insurance?... I would prefer the single pipe though...?

Would welcome any views on this, regarding insurance and the system... cheers.

Doug

I have had both twin sports and single big bore.  Single big bore is no nosier, but looks and sounds the business !

This was mated to an extractor manifold, both Pheonix items.

I have since changed to full race manifold and exhaust system, but Pheonix system worked well.

• 3 weeks later...

After hearing Michael Helms six go down the road at the essex meet, I parted with the cash... fitted it this weekend. The sound is excellent, quiet bobbing about but when you open here up you really appreciate the six engine. I was also surprised to notice the engine was more responsive (cast manifold still in use), so very pleased!!

I’ve just got some adjustments to do now on the pipe location, it seems a bit low in the tunnel so I might fit a hanger where the old one was fitted for support.

The exhaust quality is excellent.

Rgds

Doug

• 2 weeks later...