Exhaust Systems & Manifolds

mowerman

My MKII Vitesse has a semi sport system currently fitted on a std manifold. It really gives a lot of noise but I, and my passengers, find it obtrusive especially at speed or with the roof up. I`v heard someone say that the full sport system on a      6-3-1 manifold is quieter. Is that correct? Also who sells the best s/s manifolds quality wise? Thanks.

just a quicky.

I have a guy making me some quite nice (but expensive manifolds) of my design.
I can't do loads of them, and they are as I say NOT cheap.
Proper race stainless versions of it cost about ,.....wait for it.....A GRAND! to make.

It appears after measuring a few, my original one gave something like 13-15bhp MORE than the abortions being hawked around the market, and of course the race version is quite impressive and much lighter weight...

It's true you substitute exhaust noise with my interference design for inlet tract noise, as that is one of the principles it uses for operation. However many people are happy to cope with more inlet tract noise that the emminently more disagreeable and boomy 6 cylinder sports exhausts i think you will agree, especially when you get a pay off of something like 13bhp/L in exchange and much lower fuel consumption!

GT

[quote by=Nick_Jones link=Blah.pl?b=hervit,m=1163450640,s=2 date=1163457272]
Pheonix manifold is quite nicely made but some fitting issues on a Vitesse with steering column clearance (mine anyway).  To be fair they describe it as for GT6.  [/quote]

I have seen similar clearance issues in more than one GT6.
Cheers,
Bill.

Archived