Rear Body mounts on Herald

Richard B

Me asking silly questions again. Does anyone make a reair panel for the boot floor - rear body mount above the rear outrigger?

I gather it is two layered beastie and one  of them is of a very heavy guage. 

I think the sag in Alisons Herald Estate where the rear wings have bowed out, is due to these mounts and/or the boot floor having collapesd. It is so bad the rear wheel arch repair panel we have bought will not line up with the sill & the valance. I know the panel is straight I checked.

ps the guy who sold the estate to her said the body was fine............ (Not!).

I feel sure something must be available as this area has been dodgy on every Herald/Vitesse I've had - yes it's 2 layered but the biggest issue I've had is getting all the sealant off - they seem to use something akin to road asphalt!

Repairing the same area on one of our Courier rear tubs at the moment, it is a pain. Have looked at doing a repair panel several times but never got round to it. Sometimes don't think there is a big enough market left to invest in tooling? Then again we re-did the Herald/Vitesse outer arch a year or two back because the panel that was available was pants and I was fed up with trying to nail them into bonnets. We have sold shed loads since so there might be some mileage in a decent repair panel for the bit above the boot rigger mount. I'll ask our patternmaker/press shop guy.

Archived