Bulkhead to Body mounts

BoxesOfBits

Hi all,

After reading the trials and tribulations of Toledo Mans workmate with regards to his lining up of bodywork. i examined my bulkhead mounts. O/s and N/s are both completely different heights away from the body.

The N/s is only 30mm.

Is there anyone out there with an original bulkhead that could measure it and give me an indication of which is right (if either) and what the height should be? This should make things a little more straightforward?

Paul

Hi Paul,
I have a few original bulkheads here, however they're not as accessible as I would like for taking measurements. I'm pretty tied up for the next few days, but if no-one can give you a definitive answer in the meantime, I will be happy to check dimesnions early next week,
Cheers,
Bill.

[quote by=valencia1 link=Blah.pl?b=hervit,m=1138107039,s=3 date=1138117051]hi paul, just been to measure my herald's mounts and they look both to be 30mm,this is an unrestored car by the way. hopefully a few more post's will give a better idea of whats normal.
regards bryan[/quote]

Hi all,

Thanks Bryan, it would be nice to have another measured befor I go chopping up the mount.

Paul

I am not sure what the actual measurements are, but the four on the bulkhead and front floor are shorter (less high) than the ones on the rear body.

This is from memory(appalling) best bet is to get one of the suppliers to measure their stock for you ?

Front wings for 13/60 are OK, 1200 are dreadful. Rear wings in general WILL fit, it's usually the car that's sagged. There are no end of different sources for chassis outriggers, quality from exemplary to abysmal...... if you want to get everything form one manufacturer then forget it.
We use different suppliers for different parts, except for 1200 front wings where we simply don't bother, it's easier to modify a 13/60 wing! Don't get me started on boot floors...... NOT WITH A BARGEPOLE!
Cheers,
Bill.

Archived