GT6 MK3 tailgate adjustment

John Bonnett

The tailgate on my car needs to be pushed up towards the roof if you understand me. The panel gap on the lower edge is almost an overlap whereas at the top along the line of the roof it is obviously too much.

Anyone else had this problem and is there a solution?

Thank you for your help.

John

Hmmm, I'm trying to remember how I refitted my rear hatch. The points in the doorframe where the hinges bolt into are fixed, ie no adjustment possible there. Is there any way to move the torsion bar assemblies forward slightly? If not, the hinges themselves might need bending slightly. That seems a brutal way of doing it though.

John, just been into shed and looked at the spare hinge bit i ev.
there are no elongated holes to move it forads.
but you may get a wee bit, for the bolts are not tight on the fixing.

it maybe that the hinges are bent,wrong shape.  has it been like this for long.!!

you may be able to elongate the holes a wee bit, so it moves forad, but may also need to pack it up as well.

TIP, if fiddling with the tail gate on yer own, its hard work trying to get the bolts in whilst tightening em up
I put studs in the actuall tail gate, so that the studs hold it in place, much much easier whenst on yer own

you got a pic of hoo bad it fits.!!

M

796 wrote:
John, just been into shed and looked at the spare hinge bit i ev.
there are no elongated holes to move it forads.
but you may get a wee bit, for the bolts are not tight on the fixing.

it maybe that the hinges are bent,wrong shape.  has it been like this for long.!!

you may be able to elongate the holes a wee bit, so it moves forad, but may also need to pack it up as well.

TIP, if fiddling with the tail gate on yer own, its hard work trying to get the bolts in whilst tightening em up
I put studs in the actual tail gate, so that the studs hold it in place, much much easier whenst on yer own

you got a pic of hoo bad it fits.!!

M

Thank you Marcus for taking the trouble to check your hinges and for your reply.

Here are a couple of pictures that show the gaps. It has always been like it, well as long as I have had the car.