Any electrical gurus ?

JimM

I'm trying to get to grips with the wiring in my 1500 with a view to modifying it for electric fan, lighting relays, different overdrive switch etc  Looking at the diagram in my Haynes manual has thrown up a couple of questions though. Any help appreciated

1. What do the small circles divided into black and white halves/quarters designate ?
2. The dip beam lights do not appear to be fused, is this the case ?

Thanks

Jim

Talking of electricity, I'm still baffled by my blinking side light. Yes - you saw that right - my left side light blinks with my indicator when the left indicator is operated or when my hazards are operated. The side lights still operate as normal...the only other discrepancy is the 'beam' light on my speedometer only seems to come on if I flick the light stalk towards me.

Can anyone shed any light on my blinking side light?

Thanks,

David

[quote by=Spitfire1500 link=Blah.pl?b=spit,m=1176321977,s=3 date=1176365617]
Can anyone shed any light on my blinking side light?[/quote]

It's rust causing a bad earth between the sidelight backplate and the rest of the car. This assumes you have steel quarter valances, if these are fibreglass then a ground wire may not been properly fitted.
Cheers,
Bill.

Cheers for the help Rarebits and Mattius!

I recall half of my light panel being rusty - the half that incidently has my side light bulb on it, so perhaps I should replace this part of my light and run a earth - I don't think I have a earth cable so perhaps it's come off or something!

Thanks again,

David

Archived