MK1 GT6 Interior light wiring

Mark E

When I bought the car it didn't have the master switch on the dash for the interior light.

I managed to pick one up on ebay and now want to get the interior light working, as currently it doesn't at all.

Does anyone know what wires go to the back of this switch?  From poking around behind the dash there is one spade connector with two black wires connected to it.  One purple/white with a spade connector and one purble/white that has no connector.

I thought that the spade connector with the two black wires probably goes to one side of the switch (return to earth).  The lose purple/white wire has just broken away from the other P/W and both were originally in the other spade connector and went to the other side of the switch?  

Am I right....?

Thanks, that's what I thought.  One of the p/w's is the positive feed from the fuse box and the other goes off to be the positive feed for the passenger door switch?  Can't work out why there are two black wires for the return to earth though?  Oh well, I'll connect it all up and see, what's the worst that can happen  :P

Does anyone know, where is the tailgate switch out of interest?  Presumably hidden behid the plastic cover that goes over the hinges?