Distributor Wires - Please Help

worcester19

I have just replaced the 8v engine in my TR with another 8v and I am confused over the cables coming from the Distributor.

On the engine that I took out the Distributor is an AC Delorca, it has three wires coming out of it on a jack plug and seems to connect to three wires coming out of Bulk Head. The engine that I have put in also has an AC Delorca Distributor but does not have these wires coming out of the Distributor and I am left with three wires coming out of the Bulk Head with nowhere to go! On top of this I can turn the engine but cannot get it to fire.

Apologies to those who are reading this thinking what an idiot, but I am an accountant with negligible mechanical skills!

Many Thanks to you all in advance

Had a quick look at mine and it has one wire from it which mates up with the "ballast resist" wire on the bulkead below the rear carb and above the slave cylinder.

I didn't pull the cap off and look cos it's running fine at the moment so i prefer to leave things alone.

Don't have alot of time at the moment but I'll try and investiogate further tonight.

To have no wires attached to the dizzy sounds strange tho

Quoted from worcester19 I have just replaced the 8v engine in my TR with another 8v and I am confused over the cables coming from the Distributor.

On the engine that I took out the Distributor is an AC Delorca, it has three wires coming out of it on a jack plug and seems to connect to three wires coming out of Bulk Head. The engine that I have put in also has an AC Delorca Distributor but does not have these wires coming out of the Distributor and I am left with three wires coming out of the Bulk Head with nowhere to go! On top of this I can turn the engine but cannot get it to fire.

Apologies to those who are reading this thinking what an idiot, but I am an accountant with negligible mechanical skills!

Many Thanks to you all in advance

What colour are the wires?
And where do the wires coming through the bulkhead go to.

Steve

Archived