Lost my ignition key, d'oh

kbspitfire

Hi guys...I'm new to this forum and am not mechanically-minded so go easy on me!!

I've had my only ignition key stolen (yep, I know I should've got round to getting a spare!)...I have a Spitfire Mk IV, '71...just wondering the easiest way to get the problem sorted.

I've had a look at the barrel and there's no key code thing to allow me to get another key cut.  So, I've had a look for new ignition barrels, and was advised by Rimmer Bros that their part UKC2719
http://www.rimmerbros.co.uk/rimmer/triumph/spitfire/elec#Switches%20&%20Controls
would be what I needed.  However, there's exactly this part on Ebay presently but the seller states it's for 1974-76.

Can anyone help me with this?!  Oh, and my bonnet key was also taken, so now I can't get to the battery either  :'(

Thanks
Kathryn

Reg. date 27.01.71 if that makes any difference?! I guess I'll try and find the cheapest UKC2719.

Any ideas on the bonnet lock?! Tried to get to it from the inside but it's got a plate over it...argghh...drilling it out likely to ruin the paintwork?  

Archived