GT6 Mk1 2 speed wiper switch

DGGT6

We have been through a few modifications to install 2 speed wipers, but I want to use the Mk1 GT6 toggle style switch. I have looked at all the GT6 Mk1  3 position switches and can not find one suitable to operate the typical Triumph 2 speed wiper.
Has anyone succeeded with correct wiring or can the switch be opened and "re-routed" to suit wipers?
Many thanks guys,
Doug

• 1 month later...

I don't know if this will be of any help but ive just done a 2 speed parking wiper setup for the special im working on.
Its a lucas 2 speed wiper motor with neg pulse parking & I used a spst & a spdt switch giving on off & high low. 2 relays & a diode, to make it work
if u want ill get the Mrs to scan the circuit diag & ill post it. Dan

Many thanks Dan and Boris,
your suggestions of using relays lead me to this site.... http://spriteclub.com/tech/wipers.htm   and I was able to use the original Mk1 GT6 light switch as a "standard" 3 position switch giving me the look I wanted and 2 speed, parking wipers. Terrific!
Thanks for the lead,
Regards
Doug

43 wrote:
We have been through a few modifications to install 2 speed wipers, but I want to use the Mk1 GT6 toggle style switch. I have looked at all the GT6 Mk1  3 position switches and can not find one suitable to operate the typical Triumph 2 speed wiper.
Has anyone succeeded with correct wiring or can the switch be opened and "re-routed" to suit wipers?
Many thanks guys,
Doug

Sorry just picked up on this thread after it was resolved.

I have worked out how to convert the Lucas 3 position switch to be suitable for wipers (for the rally car) because light switches are common but wiper switches are rare ........ but have to dig the info from somewhere in the the depths of my archive.

For the Mk1 I wanted to retain the original style of wiper motor (square type) but have two speed facility. To do this I used a new TR4 wiper motor (from a car boot for a fiver) and put in an auxiliary switch to bring in the second speed.  You operate the wiper switch in the normal way then flick a second switch (which can be hidden if required) for the extra speed.

Ted

Archived