Oil-less Engine!!!!

Greeks

Slight problem here with the hithertoo very reliable BOB.

Wife sms'ed me today to say there's oil all the way down the drive and it's filling the oil catch pan in the garage. I got home to find a 300 metre trail of oil down the drive and into the garage ... and a dry dipstick.

It's come from the passenger side of the engine but having run a beer tasting this afternoon i'm not really in a state to investigate right now.

So ... I've mentioned the relatively high oil pressure before, anyone got an idea what the first thing to give in might be?

Sump plug is in situ
Spin-off filter is intact
Oil pressure gauge line looks fine
Dipstick seal intact and dry.

Tomorrow morning's gonna be a PITA  :(

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Engine-Oil-Stop-Leak-Smoke-TRIUMPH-TR2-TR3-TR3A-TR4-TR4A-TR5-TR6-TR7-TR8-fix-/350619811815?_trksid=p5197.m1992&_trkparms=aid%3D111000%26algo%3DREC.CURRENT%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D14%26meid%3D3206244985107235432%26pid%3D100015%26prg%3D1006%26rk%3D1%26sd%3D350619811815%26
Maybe you need one of these. ;D
Tony.

Graham I'm not sure if you saw my issues prior to the rbrr but high oil pressure caused mine to dump its oil from the oil filter seal....maybe yours is doing something similar?
Have you checked the PRV to make sure its not been uprated?
There's two spring lengths.....the longer the higher the oil pressure.

Alex

Alex wrote:
Graham I'm not sure if you saw my issues prior to the rbrr but high oil pressure caused mine to dump its oil from the oil filter seal....maybe yours is doing something similar?
Have you checked the PRV to make sure its not been uprated?
There's two spring lengths.....the longer the higher the oil pressure.

Alex

Mate, that's something I thought of - but the good lady SWMBO reckoned there weren't any noises.

Anyway, it turned out to be the oil pressure switch had given up the ghost - leaking from all three pins!  >:( Slightly ironic.

Went out to the main road to see how far it had been leaking and very very luckily for BOB (and all the bikes that race along the twisties) it only started leaking at the end of our drive. Phew.

Looks like a tapered thread, so i'll not jam a bolt in there for the meanwhile and wait til i can get a replacement.