Ron

Hi,
Just bought a gallon of Morris Lubricants Classic 20/50 motor oil. The plan is to put it in the car to get it started and then put in something better when the car's on the road. I usually put Castrol in the MGB.
However, Morris' oil is £10 a gallon cheaper than Castrol. So is Morris oil inferior (I know that Morris isn't a cheapo company) or is Castrol overpriced?
Does anyone have any experience of using Morris Classic oil, your comments would be much appreciated.

some would prefer Morris's to Castrol

when you look at the service interval and how these were made , to some extent for normal driving anyones oil will suffice unless you have a fetish for paying £££s for something they were never designed to run on

afterall they have lasted 40 years on anything going , bit late to start getting special

we run G force 20/50  by Tetrosyl, £8.50/5ltr  says on label " specific for older 4 stroke engines  where special oils were not demanded or  even necesary "  and having thrashed the nuts  off  our 1600  for some years , nowts fell out

Pete

I agree with Pete. It is far better to change oil often, say every 6000 miles or at least every year than spend too much money on fancy branding. I have used Comma oil for the last 20 years in all kinds of cars. never had an engine wear out before its time. I once got a 1275 a series to 180k miles. it was worn out by then though. If you spend £40 a gallon on oil you don't feel like changing it after 3k miles, if it costs £10 it is far easier to justify. A friend has just had to rebuild his daimler dart engine because he never covered 12k miles in 7 years so never changed the oil as it should be ok for that sort of milage.

Archived