carb differences?

mike91

okay, so the engine in my gt6 is from a Mk2 vitesse.
so its meant to have the CD150S carbs, the same as the mk2 gt6 i suppose?
but at the moment, it has one CD150 and one S. both very warn, making it really impossible to set them up  :-/

my question being, are they essentially the same? if i buy an overhaul kit for a CD150S and plonk it in the non-S, will they work the same?

cheers guys :)

I paid £35 or something similiar for a set of CD150's in dire straits. Rebuilt them with a rebuild kit and they work great. I wouldnt fancy the chances by using two different carbs. I believe an engine which runs on two carbs requires a "matched pair" i.e they are both manufactured within relatively close tolerances of each other making tuning possible.

Im sure someone will give you a proper reply but id say for what it costs - just buy the proper carbs for the engine. On the grand scale of things a pair of proper strombergs cost peanuts.

It's such a strange situation.  Many parts of the rebuild kits are not interchangeable.  I don't know how they'd set the choke up to work both carburettors, since they have different choke mechanisms.

On the other hand, rebuild each & set each up right, there's really no reason they wouldn't perform just as well as long as the choke is not operated.

i see. cheers :)
well currently the choke is definately connected on both carbs.
maybe its just the dashtop that has been swapped on one of them? no idea why though.
are there any other ways of telling the difference between them?

Archived