Carb rebuild kits

boxcorsair

Flurry of posts today!!!

I have a very sorry looking pair of Stomberg 150CDs. The question is regarding the rebuild kits from Andrew Turner (about £50); would this allow for the rescue of the carbs; eg all I can tell from looking at them is that the outer casing look ok but the linkage is knackered the plastic tops have been melted... long story short the casings are the only bits that look ok.

Just looking for a bit of knowledge from someone who has rebuilt carbs before; should I try and save them or spend the extra £150 on a recon set from Andrew?

Cheers
Craig

Buy some from eBay for £40 and rebuild em using a kit from Andrew. But to save you the hassle, and if the price you quoted is correct, I'd be tempted to buy some recon ones!

To do a proper job it can take a while, even longer if the spindle bores need to be rebored and bushed (if't spindles wobbly) not to mention the cost. But I have had a kit off him before and put the carbs in the dishwasher to clean em. It worked well and resulted in a good set of carbs for £90.

if the spindle bores are OK then a rebuild is a simple task, if the bore is worn ,then reaming and rebushing is something that needs some carefull positioning to maintain the spindle position or the throttle plate will
tend to jam if its centrteline is offset   Pete

Archived