scpartsltd - alloy water pump housing

iggy

Years ago I bought an alloy water pump housing for my Vitesse from Canley Classics.  It fitted well.  

I remember it arriving at work and on opening the parcel enjoying the smell of a newly machined parts - the machine oil took me back to my garage away from the office for a moment!

I expect they all come from the same source.  Bastuck?

Thanks Steve Bastuck appears to be still in buisness, canley classics still sell alloy water pump housings to fit vitesse gt6 tr5 tr6 my car is a mk2 2500 saloon i presume the alloy water pump housing from canleys would fit my engine am i right?

Quoted from vitessesteve
Years ago I bought an alloy water pump housing for my Vitesse from Canley Classics.  It fitted well.  

I remember it arriving at work and on opening the parcel enjoying the smell of a newly machined parts - the machine oil took me back to my garage away from the office for a moment!

I expect they all come from the same source.  Bastuck?

No Steve! They are cast in Coventry, and machined in Nuneaton.

My only attempted dealing with them was when I urgently needed a part for our Mini. I phoned up, they refused to do anything until I had registered. So all my details etc. I then asked if they had the part in stock, yes. OK, will drive over and pick it up. Nope, has to be sent form wherever. I was furious, 15minutes of my life wasted.
They may be OK as a mail order supplier, but it seems to be big catalogues etc but you might as well be ordering tins of beans to them.

My water pump housing is from them. I haven't tried it on a running engine yet so can't comment as to whether it works well or not.

Ordered from them online so I can't say as to service in person either.

If you can wait til September (hopefully) then I might be able to tell you

I agree with Tim I have a Canleys one on my 2.5 Spitfire no issues with it.  I would suggest Canleys over Soc even though SOC are closer.
Canleys stuff turns up the following day just had two GT6 door glasses delivered yesterday from Canleys. All arrived safe and sound

Martin

Quoted from Slimboyfat

That confirms what I had been told by a GT6 owning customer of ours (his was a little heavier still).

Other housings avialable from other sources are generally 100-200 grams lighter.

Bugger! I'm missing out on that much!

Must see if there's areas I can take a grinder to on mine then...

the part number for the alloy water pump housing is the same as Bastuck part number so ordered one from scparts via ebay it arrived at my place in a couple of days but wasnt at home so its waiting for me at my local post office according to the parcel force ticket, well i hope it is, wont be able to pick it up till saturday, wont be fitting it till i change the cam shaft in my engine

picked up my alloy water pump housing from the post office this morning, it has come from Buchholz Germany, so i presume it from Bastuck, any way opened up the package looks well made at first but it has no thread where the heater return pipe fits, and barely any threads in the temp sender hole and the hole opposite, got straight on the phone to sccarparts he asked me to email pictures of it which i did, phoned back half an hour later to check he had received the email he said he would have to check the other alloy pump housings first before he sends me another and would get in touch with me in the week. plus il have to post the dud one back to them, so im waiting now, i bought this through ebay with pay pal so i can sort any problems via ebay but can i get my money back from pay pal if i need to?

Yeah, I got done a few times - sold 6 meters of braided hose, on a signed for thing, the buyer said they never recieved it, even though it had been signed for. Then I had to give them a refund for £35. That put me off selling on ebay.

Iggy, look up your rights - easy to find consumer law on Which.com etc. You are entitled to a refund for any reason (which you do not have to give I think), and the seller has to pay for the return postage, or refund the cost to you anyway. Get a refund and get the better quality one from Canleys etc.

Quoted from Jonny-Jimbo
Yeah, I got done a few times - sold 6 meters of braided hose, on a signed for thing, the buyer said they never recieved it, even though it had been signed for. Then I had to give them a refund for £35. That put me off selling on ebay.

Like many others, I gave up on eBay a while back. I had problems as both a buyer and a seller, and the cut that they / PayPal take doesn't represent value for money.

Final straw for me was an item I purchased but which never arrived. Chased seller, and he had a delivery receipt from courier saying that it'd been put through letterbox. Pointed out that item was far bigger than a letterbox. Courier changed their answer to "left in back garden". Pointed out that I was in the back garden all afternoon, and the gate was locked. At this point the seller decided that I was pulling a fast one (and I don't blame him - I would have thought the same) - eBay agreed and refused to refund. Not worth my time to follow up anymore, so gave up on my money, but vowed there and then to avoid eBay for anything except cash purchases.

phoned scparts today, the guy from there parts department was trying to determine weather the holes had been tapped with a worn out die which i wasnt really interested in, told him i wasnt going to try and thread the holes and i would post the pump housing back when my money had been put back in my paypal account. the money was put back into my account by the time i got home from work