Drivers Briefing : when and where?

Rubce

Hi All

In the latest CT mag it makes mention of a Drivers Briefing before the event. Can someone in the know please advise the date and location of this meeting? I am assuming it will be on either a Saturday or a Sunday and there are very few of those left between now and the start of September and if your like me, your diary gets filled up with family commitments etc months in advance!

Thanks in anticipation

Bruce

11 hours ago, Ellis said:

Dates will hopefully be finalised by the end of the week, but likely to be week commencing 22nd Aug, one in Herts and one up north(ish).

Once confirmed, I'll post / send out.

Hi Ellis,

First of all, thank you for the great work you do.  For the international participants, how should we go about this? Would it be possible to join in on drivers meeting on video?

Previously you have been so kind as to carry all papers etc to the starting point. Perhaps this year you would prefer to mail the papers instead of carrying stuff around in the boot. Could I forward money for postage and have it sent instead? Same gos for the trophy from 2019 🙂

Look forward to the startline

Cheers

Nick, Denmark

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/07/2022 at 09:52, Nick B. said:

Hi Ellis,

First of all, thank you for the great work you do.  For the international participants, how should we go about this? Would it be possible to join in on drivers meeting on video?

Previously you have been so kind as to carry all papers etc to the starting point. Perhaps this year you would prefer to mail the papers instead of carrying stuff around in the boot. Could I forward money for postage and have it sent instead? Same gos for the trophy from 2019 🙂

Look forward to the startline

Cheers

Nick, Denmark

Hi NIck

For those on the continent, we'll bring packs to the start, don't worry.

Regards

Ellis

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Dear Ellis

Not sure if I'm through to the right person but would appreciate a steer if not.

I have a Triumph Herald 1200, bought new by my grandad in 1963. I drove it for a few years in the early 1980's and since then it spend some time on the drive then was garaged. I had always intended to refurbish but never got around to it. I would  like some advice please as how best to proceed. My options, i think, would be to pay some one to make roadworthy, to sell, to scrap or to refurb myself. Rust has taken hold in areas with, for example a hole in the drivers foot well and I remember the chassis out riggers being welded when last MOT'd.

I look forward to hearing from you

Kind regard

David