Starburst dynamo

heraldcoupe

DJB_Harvey wrote:
Yes it is .... Is it for sale ? .. Dave

You collecting them DAve?? You had the last one that came up for sale, albeit 2 years ago at least.

So in answer to your question Bill, they seem very rare and there is a ready market for them (Dave!)

I still haven't forgiven my mate for snapping the one he had on a Vitesse in half to remove it from the dynamo ready for sale.

:-(

No I'm not collecting them ! but I need another for a 2000 Mk1 that should have one on . They seem to have been only fitted to 63/ very early 64 Mk1 2000's & early 1600 Vitesse , but were superseded by the 2 part cast iron variety along with a different part number . The only trouble with them is being made of Bakelite they are Very very brittle especially after nearly 50 years ! Levering them off is  the 100% way of ruining them , if it doesn't pull off with your fingers then unfortunately the best way is to sacrifice the dynamo by mounting it in a vertical drill and drilling the end of the armature very accurately .. This is how I saved the last one  , yes a lot of work but it was worth it ... Dave .

Archived