Triumph Herald Seats -alternative replacements??

Antonnick

i have recovered the seats on my 13/60 and have to say, they look very nice.

However on long journeys, which with confidence in the mechanics etc I now undertake, they are quite uncomfortable  - no head support for example.

Has anyone used any modern car seat replacements or other means , i would like to know?

11 hours ago, Nick Jones said:

Have MGF seats in my Vitesse, which have proven comfortable over very long distances. However, they are too wide in the back to recline in a convertible as the hood bin gets in the way.

MX-5 tombstone style are narrower and can still recline if installed right.

Nick

👍

I fitted some early MGF Seats to my old Vitesse, they are very comfortable, much more supportive and safer with the headrests, I had mine recovered in Shadow blue to match the rest of my interior and they matched in well.

Like Nick states you cannot recline them when fitted to the convertible and if your over 6 foot tall they probably won't go back far enough either, not to difficult to fit with the use of some suitable sized steel, nuts and bolt, I used some Shallow profile 41x21mm Unistrut type channel and fittings to fit them in my car.

The MX5 Ones fit better, look ok and recline

Regards

Gary 

MGF Seats In a Vitesse.jpg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, garyf said:

I'm 5'8 and had the seats more or less as far back as they would go, what's the Secret Nick? 

Dunno really. 

They are raised up a little on 20mm box cross-members, so perhaps a bit more upright seating position (I like it like that) and legs more flexed at the knee.  The seats are as far back as they can go.  It's also possible that my MGF seats are not the same as yours as there seem to be quite a few variations.  Mine are pretty early ones I think.

Nick

• Like 1