Stag rusty french what's it's worth?

frenchiemk2

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1379636599212427/?hoisted=false&ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3A405fc738-ae78-4a6d-a3f2-b62db93c01a7

interested by the alloys, frontgrill, yellow lamps and some cluster instruments, but what price would you give to the hole car?

Far from home, so i couldn't go and see it.

Thanks

I'm thinking, the cost of bringing it all the way from the Med to the UK is possibly more than the car is worth, but it has been listed for nearly three months so if it were me I'd ask if the seller has a way of getting to you in the UK and maybe explain nicely that that could cost too much - and ask what he/she would take for it.

I don't know if there are issues to be dealt with importing a car from Europe since Brexit - others may know...

From personal experience, don't rely on recovering some cost by selling what you don't need - it's not worth your time!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Adrian Girling said:

I'm thinking, the cost of bringing it all the way from the Med to the UK is possibly more than the car is worth,

11 minutes ago, Martins Stag said:

it is the transportation cost that would eat this up. 

If I'm not mistaken frenchiemk2 is in France, so in theory transportation would/should be much less

• Like 1

Yes, i'm french in France but 7 hours (motorway and without trailer). Getting the car means investing time and 300€.. and going there just to have a look is nonsense too for a pile of rust. 

I just found other sites where this same car is 5k Euros... 😬

I've seen better ones in UK for not so expensive. Even for parts, it's a bad idea... but i may let hiem a message for only parts i like (yellow beams and alloys)... i'll see.

2 hours ago, Clive said:

A complete stag engine should have real value, as will the gearbox and diff. So for the whole car? maybe £1500?? 

However, we all know some people have very odd ideas about these things.

I guess but nothing proves that the engine's not stuck and the trans in good condition.

1 minute ago, frenchiemk2 said:

I guess but nothing proves that the engine's not stuck and the trans in good condition.

It will still have real value. Even if it all needs a rebuild. Stag OD boxes seem to be worth a few hundred quid, diffs similar? Complete engine for rebuild probably £500?? And lots of other bits that will fetch proper money.

• Like 1