Jump to content

Importing a Car from USA to UK papers?


Recommended Posts

Anyone have experience importing a Triumph from USA to UK?

Thinking about building and shipping a car over for the next 10CR.  I know I can keep it there up to 6 mths with my local US tags/papers. but after that what papers does the DVLA need to import it?  will they accept a heritage cert for the build date etc.?



Link to comment
Share on other sites

I imported a motorcycle from France some time ago and it was pretty easy.  Importantly, you really need to make sure you get a proper bill of sale, as this makes getting a NOVA document easy. As long as you have this, and proof of the date of first use in its original country, or if not, a dating certificate from a recognised car club or one of the companies that will do this for you, the rest is easy. Once you send all the required documentation to DVLA it takes about 4 to 6 weeks to get the V5 to you with your "new" age related registration number. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Create New...