Are BP5ES (NGK) plugs still the best/sensible choice?

Ben Hutchings

Back along I used to stick NGK BP5ES in the GT6. Can't remember how but I ended up with some dubious looking triple electrode jobbies on there which I'd like to discard. 

What are y'all running on standard / fast-road 6-cyls with electronic ignition. Magnacors and sports coil now?

Cheers!

Hi. I have been using NGK in Vitesse (2 sets in 15.000 miles), about £10 inc postage for 6 off ebay.

Had 2 fail in that time.

Mine have always got very sooty in that time, due to lot's of city driving and being set a bit too rich, and have heard of them not working after getting sooty, or wet.

So on the whole have been ok for me, though car not driven hard?.

Dave 

Thanks Nick & Dave, ok so different opinions there but can imagine how triples might reduce problems when rich/flooding. I’ve no proof that the triple unnamed-brand ones I have are causing any issues, it’s just that I never had issues with NGK in the past so trust them. 

I have few other things higher up priority list so should probably leave them be.