Dashboard Suppliers / Carpet DIY

Tom2000

Where's the cheapest place to source a replacement dashboard for my 1500? I have brand new Speedo/Tacho/Fuel/Temp gauges, lighter, hazard switch, light switches and all the bits needed, preferably after a burr/walnut dash? there must be somewhere cheaper than rimmers/ebay?

Also I want to put new carpet throughout the car and was wondering what sort of carpet I should buy so I can cut it to side/fit myself, i'd like something good quality but would prefer sourcing locally in one large uncut piece then cutting to size, any suggestions on type/thickness and how to secure it down?

With a dashboard, I'd say quality is pretty important as well as price.

There is a guy who advertises on ebay every now and then who seems pretty good.ebay username
jodycat1, as it's an auction prices seem good and compared with th traders he has a 100% rating on nearly 500 tarbnsactions. He quite often has Triumph Dashboards. I must admidt I've bid on a few of his GT6 dashboards but always got pipped at the post on the auction....But then I've probably not really put a did in for what the dash is worth trying to get a bargin ;)

Quote:
There is a guy who advertises on ebay every now and then who seems pretty good.ebay username
jodycat1, as it's an auction prices seem good and compared with th traders he has a 100% rating on nearly 500 tarbnsactions.

Yeh its actually a women called Margaret, (margaret.cuthbert@tinyworld.co.uk) shes re-veneeringmy dash as we speak, il get some photos up when it gets returned - but i have heard good things. I ordered a carpet from ebay username "carhoods" all very reasonably priced with good feedback - again ill get some photos up.

Defo go for a proper carpet, home made looks pants.

Archived