roger.england

My Vitesse has had a front ender at some stage which has compressed the bend in the bonnet hoop. To compensate, and get a reasonable bonnet fit, the hinge bracket has been extended downwards for the location of the pivot pin - hardly the most professional route to repair. However, I suspect that removing to hoop and trying to bend it to the right shape will not be easy and may distort it even more. Are these hoops available anywhere as new or NOS, or has anyone any other suggestions please?

• 7 years later...

My herald has the same problem, i think but i cannt spot it that easily. I am having terrible trouble trying to fit the bonnet to the O/S. The near side fits a treat but I know the O/S has had a bump as the front chassis extension was bent. That has been pulled back out but the bonnet gap is large so on the adjuster i tighten it which allows me to latch the bonnet with a 1cm (maybe more) gap but i cannt raise the bonnet then to go over the overider....Any clues?