Triumph Saloon prices. French gone crazy ?

frenchiemk2

Just before i bought my Pi, 3 years ago, i began looking for prices on mk2 and also mk1 saloons.

At that era, you could find a mk2 2l very nice and running/ driving for 5k € and Pi very good condition at about 7-8K €.

Today the exact same 2000 is for sale 9500€(with maintenance bills) and any very nice PI is in the range 12-14K €. Same with Dolomite Sprint.

In 3 years... I asked Michel who owns a Mk1 Pi and he has no idea why or what's happening.

My guess is that all GT6, TR6, but also Spitfire have become unaffordable, making of the Saloons 6 cylinders decent alternatives now.

I don't especially want to argue a lot, just wondering why public prices got close to twice in only 3 years.

Top 1 dare over rated price in France is this one. Maybe pictures aren't good enough... https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1451554512303594/

37 minutes ago, Adrianb said:

It’s because the French Apreciate the finer things in life ! Like Fine Wines, Fine Cheeses,

That's why I moved here 😁

I have a friend here who sends me links to Heralds for sale from time to time and the prices asked for them seem very high as well.

Do the cars actually sell for those asking prices that is the critical point.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, DVD3500 said:

Is it me or are LHD Triumph saloons pretty rare anyway?

More rare than the sports cars in any case...

I don't have any idea how much have been made LHD... rare in France, before mine, I never saw any of thema wheareas I saw Dolomite Sprint, all the TR, GT6, Spits, Herald and even Stags...

20 hours ago, Rosbif said:

Do the cars actually sell for those asking prices that is the critical point.

Not sure they sell... full of cars at high price that stay long or disappear after a certain time in offers. 

But old cars are getting very expensive on market even when they have no record, no history, no bills no maintenance and sometimes no papers (french sport)