Fitting hood to frame

Scimher

• 1 month later...

Surely a second hand hood would have already been stretched so fitting will be different, some would say easier because all you have to do it match up the hole and hope it fits your body because you don't have any spare material  

second hand headers in good condition are like hens teeth l got a second hand one that need repairing, you can buy new ones think their around 200 quid last time l looked.

Surely a second hand hood would have already been stretched so fitting will be different, some would say easier because all you have to do it match up the hole and hope it fits your body because you don't have any spare material  :B

second hand headers in good condition are like hens teeth l got a second hand one that need repairing, you can buy new ones think their around 200 quid last time l looked.

Quoted from Elma fud
Surely a second hand hood would have already been stretched so fitting will be different, some would say easier because all you have to do it match up the hole and hope it fits your body because you don't have any spare material  

...£240 from Rimmers, last time I looked - add on carriage, VAT....+ a replacement seal that costs another twelve quid or so + paying my pro. pal to do it...(He's done 2 Herald hoods & an MX5, that I know of...) & it gets expensive....well for me, anyway, sadly! Am just about to treat her to a new fuel pump as it is....

5820 wrote:
Surely a second hand hood would have already been stretched so fitting will be different, some would say easier because all you have to do it match up the hole and hope it fits your body because you don't have any spare material  :B

...£240 from Rimmers, last time I looked - add on carriage, VAT....+ a replacement seal that costs another twelve quid or so + paying my pro. pal to do it...(He's done 2 Herald hoods & an MX5, that I know of...) & it gets expensive....well for me, anyway, sadly! Am just about to treat her to a new fuel pump as it is....