mk3 spit hood bag

Fizzy

i brought a hood bag for my spit last year, but i didnt realise there was a difference, and i ended up with a cover bag for a mkIV/1500. this will be going on ebay later on. thigni s, i cant fidn anybody that does one to fit a mk3.

so basically, anybody know where i can get one ? needs to be black or blue.

cheers, jason

Fizzy do you mean the cover that goes over the folded hood whilst you have the hardtop on? or the bog standard hood cover?

I have heard that the cover that goes over a folded hood with the hardtop on is a real rarity but a normal hood cover should be available from all the usual suppliers...

I'm pretty certain Rimmers do them. If you can't find one, PM me as I've got a brand new blue one, still in its bag, that I got from them very cheaply in their sale about 3 or 4 years ago. It's a mid-blue colour, not very dark blue. I could be persuaded to let you have it....

bought a NOS one from Rimmers last year for abiout £15. Had to drill out the plastic press studs and replace with metal ones as they were the wrong size for the ones fitted to the car. I had to get red, they didn't have any black ones, but I think they had navy blue as well...

sparky_spit wrote:
I'm pretty certain Rimmers do them. If you can't find one, PM me as I've got a brand new blue one, still in its bag, that I got from them very cheaply in their sale about 3 or 4 years ago. It's a mid-blue colour, not very dark blue. I could be persuaded to let you have it....

DITTO £25.00.......if you wanted red ,blue or beige

im just talking about the cover that goes on when the roof is folded down. the one i've got doesn't fit, and i recently saw another one on ebay where the seller also mentioned it didnt fit his mk3, which is when i realise they were different. i thought mine had shrunk a bit or something, but apparantly not. i couldnt find one on rimmers or canleys, i'll have another look.

edit - ok so i just found them on rimmers. Mike - is yours the 30 quid jobby from rimmers ? some sort of idea of colour would be nice, but no photos on rimmers. i saw Colin's one on his wedgewood mk3, is that the same as the one you have ? im planning on taking the car back to royal blue next year, so need to think ahead with the colour. obviously the coloured ones are hard for rimmers to shift, as the black ones are 3x the price ! the covers are 'no longer available' at canley's. bummer.

A couple of pictures against my Wedgwood Blue Spit. I reckon it is the same as Colin's - a sort of mid-blue. Would go okay with your current colour, not quite so sure about a darker blue. Found the invoice in the packaging, it was part number 816951 SUPBLUE and I bought it the Rimmers January sale in 2007 for £13.51. Yours if you want it.

• 2 weeks later...

well thanks to a bit of good fortune and some serious genorosity from Mike (cheers), i got myself a bag. and, somehow, i managed to get a bag that looks like it was tailor made to the coluor of my car.

makes a huge improvement when the roof is down.

Archived