Rust proofing inside doors on a Herald

mpbarrett

I have had the lower part of the door skins replaced on my Herald. 
I now want to rust proof the inside of the door before I put the door cards back on again.
What do people recommend for this, good old Waxoyl or is there something better out there? 
Happy to spend money on protecting it.

cheers

mike

Not keen on Waxoil. 

Dynax S50 is very thin and creeps into seams, so ideal. I recently welded some repairs on my dolly doorskin, and used S50, and then some Dynax UB over the welded areas. I have also used Dinitrol products which are very similar.

The Vitesse I inherited has a coating of grease applied in all sorts of areas, which a=has generally worked well, but I am not looking forward to some of the small repairs that are needed (meaning I will need to clean the grease off)

A DPO of one of my Vitesses had done "rust-proofing" with pitch.  You know, the black tarry stuff they mend roads with.

It was quite exciting trying to weld new metal in as you never knew when another pocket of pitch would ignite, spraying you, the floor and other car bits with flaming napalm!

I got 2 mint Herald doors from a scrapyard for my Vitesse rebuild in about 1989,plastered liberally inside with Waxoil everywhere including the chassis inside and out.Still mint today with no bubbling or anything.

I think the formula may have changed as many people don`t rate it now.

S