Moving coil Fuel gauge sender unit resistance

mazfg

I was just reading this about re-calibrating moving coil fuel gauges, by loosening and moving the nuts on the back of the gauge. http://mgaguru.com/mgtech/electric/fg_10.htm  The article refers to using 68 ohm resistors as the sender if 70 ohms when tank fuel. Obviosly this is for an MGA. Does anyone know what the max. resistance is for a Vitesse sender unit is (for a moving coil gauge). I can then follow the procedure to check my gauge is as it should be?

Thanks

I have a smiths test box and it would seem to measure 76ohms for full     at the sender  but that doesnt help much

its unclear, the test box does both but  to me bimetal and iron are totally different sender values .

are your gauges adjustable , I thought ( vaguely) that that only applied to a much earlier design and Im not about to climb under the dash to focus on mine ,

sorry    pete

Mine are adjustable as per the link for the MGA. Haven't touche them yet...but at 68ohms it's under full, will try with 76ohms and see....thanks for the info  :)

I thought my temp gauge was bi-metal, as per another post, but this is also moving coil and has adjustments...but works in the opposite way to the fuel gauge (ie: no resistance= Hot)

Archived