Rear trunnion bushes Rotoflex

hurricane36

Has anyone had problems with loose fitting rear trunnion bushes (black nylon) for the rotoflex? I'v just got a kit from Canleys and the black bushes are such a loose fit you can shake them up and down on the spacer. I'v check against the original that I'v taken out (30 years old) and the internal diameter of the new ones are bigger by 1/64" - 20 tho. Even when fitted the spacer just falls out! I'v contacted Canley who have said to return them which is fine but are all these trunnions manufactured by the same company, does anyone know? if so wherever I go I'm going to get the same manufactured bush and the same problem. Any suggestions?

To be fair to Joe who you spoke to on the phone he did ask you if you had tried fitting them to your wishbone, and you said you hadn't.

Just to satisfy his mind he tried a set in a N.O.S wishbone, and they fitted like a glove, as they always have done.

The act of pushing the nylon bushes into the wishbone compresses them slightly so that the steel bush fit's snuggly. He showed me as he was doing it, not that I needed convincing, Ive fitted a few over the years...............

He only went to default setting, 'send them back if your not happy' when it bacame apparent that you wern't convinced by his explanation.

The customers always right................

Return them and get some Superflex ones job done the ones you have are clearly not right even though it seems all the other ones Canleys tried are right :-/
I hope they said they would pay your postage if the parts were indeed wrong I am sure they did as the customer is king not just always right ;)

Regards
Hugh :)

Ermm,  whats this supa flex bush, !!!!   if they  are not  as solid as the originals, then the rear will squirm about a fair bit.
Im thinking we are talking  the bushes on the Hub side, !!!! these need to be v v firm,
thats why they are as they are.

Slims spot on, they DOO compress tighter, nothing at all amiss.

Marcus

Agree with SBF - do need to be fitted to the wishbone before checking the fit of the inner sleeve.  You also need to make sure the wishbone bore is clean and free from rust/paint or they'll probably be too tight on the inner sleeve.

The Superflex ones which I have seen and handled (but NOT fitted to a car) feel damn near as firm as the originals.

Nick

Nick_Jones wrote:
Agree with SBF - do need to be fitted to the wishbone before checking the fit of the inner sleeve.  You also need to make sure the wishbone bore is clean and free from rust/paint or they'll probably be too tight on the inner sleeve.

The Superflex ones which I have seen and handled (but NOT fitted to a car) feel damn near as firm as the originals.

Nick

Marcus I got to say

I agree with Nick on this one as the SuperFlex I fitted to my car are as good if not a little bit better than the originals I too bought some of the originals and was left deflated when I got them they were loose before fitting and not much better after I fitted them.  

So I went with some advise of here and fitted SuperFlex ones.

I kept the other ones and they went in my draw of shame that I put labels on other poor quality parts I have bought to remind me who not  to buy from. ;D

I have never had an issue with the std bushes. Not sure why one would fit Superflex items as they cannot be harder than the std items.

This is a job I must do to the GT6 when I get the old car back, I will not hestitate to use the std items-totally fit for purpose!

Superflex for the radius arms-definitely!

Archived