Solenoid replacement D type GT6 MK3

John Bonnett

I've done a search and from what I have read, it is goi9ng to be a nightmare of a job to get at and remove the lower screw attaching the solenoid to the overdrive unit..

I'd appreciate any advice and tips that will help me do this job. I'd prefer not to unbolt the propshaft and gearbox mounts so that the box can be jacked up if there is another way.

Thank you for your help

John

tip replace with socket cap screws then with short mandrill and a uj you can locate in the cap screw and next time its easier

tunnel off , undo tail mount and jack it up is the best option apart from removing the body  !!!!

when its on power up and check the  throw , so the  3/16" lever hole aligns with the hole in the case

Pete

maybe the solenoid is not earthing as it should i ran an earth wire from both little screws that hold the plastic cover on the end of the solenoid . ps the solenoid has an earth contact to one of these screws so do both . pps maybe the earthing screw is a bit loose .

Bob, it would be so nice if you are right, I do hope you are. I'm planning to take the transmission tunnel out tomorrow and I'll know the worst then. At the moment, I can hear the relay clicking when the overdrive switch is operated and there are 12 Volts on the relay feed to the solenoid.

I'll keep you posted.

regards

John

Archived