Herald Thread insert Rear Bulb Holder

blueH

I am currently replacing my Rear tub & whist transferring Rear Light Cluster am now missing a small push in Thread Insert, the bulb holder has four screws holding it in position and the screws fit through a small thread insert that's friction fit to the inside the horshoe shape ( Rear fins) one of the inserts has "pinged off" so I was wondering if any forum readers might have access to an old tub in which the inserts are still in position, if not I shall improvise but it's so annoying that I was so careless.
Norm

Bill, I don't think mine are spire nuts, they actually fit into a square hole inside the horseshoe, they have two springy sides which curve under so from the side there almost oval, you simply tap them into the square hole and they hold in by friction plus the top has a couple of extended side pieces that stop it going straight through the square, hopefully Bryan this makes sense if not I can e-mail you a photo.
Cheers
Norm

Hi Bryan, unfortunately none of your lovely range of clips matches what I am looking for however upon searching Web Sites I have found a photo of the item I need, if you look at www.bresco.com click spire nuts & scroll down you will see an item described as No.8 Self Tapper Expansion Nut Ref SNO 2846P, unfortunately Bresco only supply in packs of 25 so that's a bit overkill for Qty1.
If anyone has one of these please shout, I even searched around the floor again in the hope of finding my lost one.
Thanks
Norm

Archived