Lucas temperature sender

Dannyb

On 26/05/2021 at 08:46, Dannyb said:

Does anyone have the resistance readings for a lucas water temperature sender. 1500 Spit. 

Danny

I will try some tonight. Should be accurate, will use a megger and a digi thermometer.

What temp range? I guess I could get down to something close to zero, and realistically up to 90degrees.

(had a problem with my gauge not matching the ford sender, in the end found a genuine nos lucas one that works perfectly, but 1/8npt thread suitable for my engine)

Right, got the megger, got the thermometer. What is missing is teh sensor I had a couple of weeks ago. A search has so far been fruitless, but will look again in the morning. I was sure it was on a shelf in the garage....

OK so I went out for drive (to get my second jab) and after parking back up at home the sender measured at 70ohms. That's probably mid-scale but may have crept up a fraction with heat soak (as I'd stopped the engine maybe a minute before measuring).

6 hours ago, RobPearce said:

OK so I went out for drive (to get my second jab) and after parking back up at home the sender measured at 70ohms. That's probably mid-scale but may have crept up a fraction with heat soak (as I'd stopped the engine maybe a minute before measuring).

Thanks Rob. That's interesting asim sure mine is measuring a lot more. 

I will get a  potentiometer and set it to 70 ohms and see where the dial reads. 

Danny

On 28/05/2021 at 18:33, Dannyb said:

Thanks Rob. That's interesting asim sure mine is measuring a lot more. 

I will get a  potentiometer and set it to 70 ohms and see where the dial reads. 

Danny

Make sure your POT can handle the current. Or Pooof.