Lower dash mounting brackets

Selftapper

Hi,

would anyone have photograph or diagram to show where the lower dash mointing brackets are located on a Spitfire or GT6 ? A photgraph of one in situ would be great.

Dash Mounting Bracket - Lower - LH - 612527

This is the part I mean. It appears as part number 612527 in this diagram.                      

Triumph Spitfire Front Floor Panels - Inner/Outer Sills and Gearbox Cover (All Models)

Thank you,

Quoted from drofgum-

Brendan,

I believe those reinforce the floor where it bolts to the chassis frame inside the foot well. They may be hidden under the floor.

Regards,

Paul

Thanks Paul. Its been that long since I split the tub/chassis that I couldnt remember where they were situated. There is a hole on one of the angles of each bracket which may well be for a chassis mounting bolt to go through. I will have some job welding them to the floor pans in the precise position without the chassis in place to guide me. I think I will leave them to one side until the Chassis/tub trial refit occurs. Long time off yet 😆.

Thanks for those replies. I will try to find a photo which shows the direction that they are mounted. One of mine is reusable, the other is totally rusted. Knowing that they are structural supports between chassis and floor pan and are unseen,  allows me some scope to construct a replacement that may not look 100% similar but will do the same job