rear radius arms Vitesse rotoflex

Martin M

Martin,

See pic below.  Would be grateful if you are able to add the GT6 dimensions as I have a Spitfire that is about to get a CV conversion, but only Vitesse radius arms.....

I also wonder if the angles of the bush housings to the rod itself are different between the Vitesse and GT6?  

Cheers

Nick

Hi Nick,
bush housings in a GT6 are square to the rod. My late  Spitfire 1500 has a slight angle.

Length GT6 are 90mm and 250mm measured according to your labeling. Mine have a total lengh of appr 400mm on the car.

As adjustable radius arms are either expensive or totally corroded, I try to make some from old Herald ones , cutting them and welding in a threaded tube.

Martin

Right, I looked these again.

Angle is the same at both ends and oriented so the pivot bolts are parallel.  Measuring the angle was a bit of a challenge.....  However, I make it between 81 & 82 degrees, +/- 1º.  Note also that the intersection point of the two tubes is at their centres so the position where the long tube meets the bush tube is offset.  You can see this in the original pics in fact though it looks a bit like an optical illusion.

Hope this helps. If you want to make your own I'll take some more pictures and do some more measuring.  Somewhere I think I've got just one lonely piece of these that would be maybe useful to copy - but it's hiding from me right now.......

Cheers

Nick

The ones I have here might become available.  The adjusters are bloody rusty but they've all come undone except one - that one needs heat......  Just need to be sure they are not needed for the Spit.  Most likely they are not.....

I think we will take the two bottom links route (much like Marcus's car)

Nick