Polybush or Supaflex

garyf

I'm upgrading the rear suspension on my Mk2 Vitesse to Telescopic Dampers with a refurbished Original spring.

While I've got the Rear Suspension partially dismantled I'm going to upgrade the Trunnion and other Bushes to either Polybush or Supaflex, can anyone advise which are the better of the Two or are they both decent Quality?

Regards

Gary  

Looks like its going to be Superflex then?

I haven't got much choice with the Trunnion bushes, Polybush don't do them for the outer Wishbones :(

I've already changed the Springeye bush and fitted a Polybush Blue Bush :-/

The Superflex ones seem to be Red, so I'll have multi-coloured Suspension Bushes at this rate ;D

Gary,

I can't see the point of changing the lower trunnion bushes to a polyurethane bush, I'd go with the std nylon top hats and mild steel discs and tubes. Plenty of copperslip or what ever grease you use.

Radius arm bushes and spring eye bushes, def use polyurethane type.

Remember to tighten up when the weight is on the car.

Good luck.

timbancroft61 wrote:
Gary,

I can't see the point of changing the lower trunnion bushes to a polyurethane bush, I'd go with the std nylon top hats and mild steel discs and tubes. Plenty of copperslip or what ever grease you use.

Radius arm bushes and spring eye bushes, def use polyurethane type.

Remember to tighten up when the weight is on the car.

Good luck.

Tim

I'm not sure I'm going to bother with the Polybushs for the Wishbone outer bushes, I did replace them during the rebuild with the standard Nylon types, I've only done about 12,000 Miles since (Must use the Car more!) so I reckon they should still be Ok.

When I rebuilt the Rear Suspension I coated all the Suspension bolts with a mixture of Copper grease & Dinitrol 3125 Rustproofer, I also drilled and tapped for a 1/4 UNF Grease Nipple to the bottom of the Vertical link, I give this a squirt of EP90 and turn the bolt a full turn when I do the front Trunnions every year to help stop it seizing up.

Got to try and source some decent Top Shock Extension brackets, sounds like there may be some dodgy quality ones out there :-/

Anyone recommend a decent suppplier for these?