Hello,

During the 10CR event last year, we managed to hook up an SMS text message diary on the Canley Classics website -

http://www.canleyclassics.com/10cr.asp?topic=diary

I think everyone will agree that the SMS text messaging was a great success, allowing friends and family back home to keep up to date with everything going on during the event.

This year we're looking to offer a similar setup for the RBRR.  In addition, there's the possibility of photo messaging.

Messages and pictures sent during the event will automatically update an onsite diary and gallery. How many entrants have a photo messaging phone and are likely to use it during the event?

Comments, questions, ideas and suggestions welcome.

Rgds

Craig

Dave has one but actually knowing how to use it would be a bonus! I think I'll have to get the manula off him and have it in the car, by the time we finish we may have figured it out! As I like my toys, I'll have the mission control laptop (now with GPS and moving map) plus a GPRS phone that I hope will work - so maybe we can upload normal digi pictures taken with a stand alone digi camera?
Then again we may just have a pile of redundant technology that we can use to play patience on!

Heheh, that's my collection by the way - and it's grown since then - 26 bottles now, and no 2 the same... :) Haven't tried Badger Fursty Ferret yet though...

Yeah, James was right - my phone does take video too - but only at a resolution of 176x144 pixels. Better than nothing, I suppose... :-/

Chris.

:)White Tornadois in the process of buying a new mobile so will let you know if we buy a photo messaging thingy!!! ;D

p.s. My tipple is Black Sheep which I will have the pleasure of tasting again in a couple of weeks time at the North Yorkshire Triumph Weekend ;) where you will probably find alot of Lincolnshire Area Members!! except for Mr Reeks as he's Southerner again as from today

:o

[quote by=timbancroft61 link=Blah.pl?b=rbrgen,v=display,m=1083063625,s=8 date=1083166131]Anyone a member of CAMRA![/quote]

Errrrr, yes I am....  and proud of it !!!

Doing two brewery visits in a weeks time, St Austell and Badger !!!

Who's planning to visit the Great British Beer Festival at Olympia this year ???

• 3 months later...

These things take very little juice to run - you can run a lot from a cigarette lighter socket :-) I recently saw a kettle that plugs in to 12v supply, that was ambitious enough but then I saw the hairdryer! Anyway, you've got to have some toys to play with on the way, there's only so much scenery I can stand :-)
What sort of lapto do you need James, I have some spares but most are old and don't have USB or type 2 pc slots to take a USB card

The RBRR Message Diary is now fully up and running. Full details of how it works on the website at -

http://www.canleyclassics.com/rbrrdiary

Any comments or questions, please let me know.

Craig

Here's a quick overview...

Everyone who provided a mobile phone number on their RBRR application form has already been registered for the RBRR Message Diary.

However, if you are going to use a different mobile phone or any additional mobile phones you will need to register your mobile phone number with us. This is to avoid having to include your name and car details with each message you send during the event. To register your mobile phone number, send an SMS text message starting with the word register and a space followed by your car entry number to +447717590600

If you're using email, you need to register your email address. To do this, send an email message starting with the word register and a space followed by your car entry number to rbrr@canleyclassics.com (the subject of the email can be left blank)

Once you've registered, you can start sending SMS/MMS messages and/or emails to the RBRR Message Diary.

Simply send your SMS text message to +447717590600. You do not have to start your message with any keyword, just write your message. We recommend you save this number into your mobile phone now.

If you want to send picture messages from your mobile phone, you can send them by MMS or email. Send your MMS picture message to +447717590600, or send your email to rbrr@canleyclassics.com

If you have access to a computer, you can email your pictures as jpeg attachments - preferably no bigger than 800x600 pixels - to rbrr@canleyclassics.com

Your SMS/MMS messages and emails will automatically update the RBRR Message Diary online at –
www.canleyclassics.com/rbrrdiary

The Small Print

Neither Club Triumph or Canley Classics will charge you for sending SMS text messages,  MMS picture messages or emails to the RBRR Message Diary. Standard SMS/MMS message charges will apply - check with your mobile phone operater for details. Club Triumph and Canley Classics will only use the personal information you provide for the purpose of the RBRR Message Diary and will not use this personal information in any commercial way or share this personal information with any other organisation. Club Triumph and Canley Classics will delete your personal information at the end of the RBRR event.

If you have any comments or questions, please write to webmaster@canleyclassics.com

Archived