As I can't do the event this year, and had to pull out (ooh er missus!), I've decided that I shall, this weekend, undertake the gruelling challenge that is the "Round Barnoldswick Reliability Run". Starting some time on Saturday afternoon, the route will entail around 20 miles of arduous driving, regardless of weather conditions, without any breaks (except fuel stops). Luckily the start and finish is my home, so I don't have to do any driving to get there. I've done all the preparation work (superglued the broken rear light lens and tuned the stereo to Radio 2), just need to knock up some stickers for the doors. Not sure what time Martin is at the control stop for the "other" RBRR, but I'll see if he wants to join me as co-driver...

RumPith wrote:
Not sure what time Martin is at the control stop for the "other" RBRR, but I'll see if he wants to join me as co-driver...

I am working on BRP making some further progress on fitting the roll cage.

Then I'll be off to Lancaster - in the Audi, not one of my Triumphs :-/

Greeks wrote:
I did the Round Bed Room Roll ... it was totally unreliable. I hit the wardrobe twice, both bedside tables and ended up stalled halfway up a pile of dirty washing. You should see the skidmarks left behind! ;D

Wow, that must be a bit rough! Or enjoyable... maybe both?

RBRR, who needs it, Last weekend I was the only entry in the RNRDR (Round Norfolk Reliabiity Day Run) Left Harleston, and took in outskirts of Norwich, Through Wroxham and the Broads, to the coast at Happisburgh (far from happy as it is falling in to the sea) along the coast road through Bacton, past the Big round Radar dome at RAF Trimingham (that screws with modern car electronics as they pass) then through Cromer for Seafood lunch at Sheringham, along to Weybourne on the North Norfolk Railway where we watched a big steam 2-8-0 locomotive on a train of 4 coaches, then along to Wells next the sea, before turning inland through Fakenham, Bawdeswell, Derham, Wymondham, and back to Harleston, 150 miles of great A and B roads, at my own leisure, only things seen that could be called a classic where a solitary MH Midget, and VW campers.

I spent quite a bit of time being chauffered around the Lake District this weekend, I didn't have to drive once between Friday lunchtime and this afternoon.  Brilliant, made a nice change.

I'd planned much the same for the RBRR, three co-drivers so no real need for me to drive at all, just sit back and take in the views.

Archived