Dear All

Is it just me or is there a little known syndrome of round britain right leg. Since this years event I have had a deep pain in the rear of my right thigh . This seems to get worse when I drive the dolly for any distance! anyone else suffering.

For 2008 I have fitted a new Rad so far. I want to re bush the whole car and I am considering a manual conversion but I still have to recover financially.. good job its not every year.

Very addictive the RBRR can't seem to get it out of my head.. Hmmm

Darren

[quote by=darrenspitty link=Blah.pl?b=prep,m=1163498779,s=0 date=1163498779]Dear All

Is it just me or is there a little known syndrome of round britain right leg. Since this years event I have had a deep pain in the rear of my right thigh . This seems to get worse when I drive the dolly for any distance! anyone else suffering.

For 2008 I have fitted a new Rad so far. I want to re bush the whole car and I am considering a manual conversion but I still have to recover financially.. good job its not every year.

Very addictive the RBRR can't seem to get it out of my head.. Hmmm

Darren[/quote]

Darren I had been suffering from what I thought was a bit of a hamstring strain after driving the Shed back from Cumbria in July,this slowly deveolped into complete left leg failure during the RBR ! dont know if anyone saw me tring to get out of the shed at stops!? but pins and needles  in my froot ,pain in the buttock and extreme pain from the heel upwards -it was so bad I went to the doctor and was signed off for a week the first sick I have had in 15 years! subsquent visits to the physio have revealed two vertibrae have shifted crushing the disc cartilegdge and trapping the nerves,hence the muscles in the thigh have gone into spasm crushing the siatic nerve etc etc and making it all worse! my advice GO TO THE PHYSIO OR DOCS NOW!-this should be called RBR syndrome!
I am still on pain killers that send me WAY HAY and I have months of treatment to look forward to!

I have heard that a regular dosage of CT events does help to keep 'Auto cramp'* away.

The HCR is due to be announced with the Jan 07 edition of 'Club Torque'.

It looks like it will be fun.

* Auto Cramp: A muscular problem that affects the leg that is not used in by drivers who use cars with weird gearboxes. Remember if you do not use it, it will fall off!

Dear endurance motorist

Your Symptoms are very familiar . Fortunately the wife is a physio and has made the exact same diagnosis as your Quack. She will be pleased! Though the pains are mostly in the leg the problem is in the back. The missus tells me that in 20% of the population the sciatic nerve passes through rather than under a band of muscle tissue in the back of the thigh called the illo - soas when the nerve gets trapped in the spine it can make you feel that you have been deadlegged (remember that from school). The solution is to mobilise the spine . You can do this at home easily but I would reccomend  a book called Know your own Back by an Aussie physio called Mckensie . Most private physio's will flog it to you for about 8 quid It is a bit of a bible in the Physio world (It is a small book with lots of pictures). By doing the basic exercises you can get results within days.

Tim

I would love to be doing the Ten CR but finances do not permit for 07. I will be up for the HCR Thanks again for all your efforts

Darren

Archived